Sunday 29 January 2017

Say it with flowers.


Hi everyone, I was asked to make an anniversary card that was a simple floral one, preferably red!
They didn't really want butterflies, but an accident with some distress ink meant I had to cover it up!

I've used this die a lot lately but it is one of my all time favourites!
I've coloured the stem with distress markers and the red is diecut from a scrap of watercoloured paper, and I do mean a scrap!!

I'm linking up to the anything goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog Logo

At Allsorts the theme is Let's Celebrate.

Grab our logo

At Addicted to Stamps & More, the theme is anything goes.


Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp Fresh Daisies die; Memory Box Butterfly Delights die; distress markers; Kuretake Gansai paints; Stately embossing folder; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

15 comments:

brenda said...

A beautifully crisp and elegant creation and perfect for our Celebrate theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Brenda in IN said...

It may be simple but it is lovely. It's always great when you can save a card and you did it great!

Wendy L said...

It is gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Susanne Vargas said...

Unlike you I haven't used these flowers in a while - what a shame as they are so beautiful! They make your CAS card shine! I think the little butterflies are the perfect finishing touch!

Anita in France said...

Simple, elegant, perfect, Cathy ... just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Cathy, love that flower die cut. One of those dies I should have bought, was sold out each time then just never got to it.
Its so delicate and perfect with your watercolour piece.

Cat Craig said...

I've always loved that Daisy die, and your added butterflies make this just the perfect card!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Cathy! It's so elegant and pretty. I love that die too :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Helen Gullett said...

This is just simply adorable and beautiful CAS card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with ATSM Challenge 226

Mummylade said...

thank you so much for entering in our celebration challenge at Allsorts this week!

Donna said...

Beautiful. Love the colours. X

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Cathy this is one lovely card, those flowers simply pop!!!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
PS blog candy over my way too ❤

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a pretty, fresh feeling cas mf...
xx Karen

Pat said...

I can see why this daisy die is such a favourite as it is extremely pretty Cathy and I love the watercoloured paper for the flower heads, and the cute little butterflies look great too. x

roffeycreations said...

Love the butterflies as accents to this one - that colour really pops... Mxxx